Saturday, October 15, 2005

One Year Blogging!

Wow, I just realized that last Thursday (October 14) my blog turned a year old! I went through some of those posts and was amazed at how much things have changed. Grad school turned out to be the one thing that stayed as planned. I looked at pictures of my old apartment and they brought back some memories, nice warm memories. I like the fact that somehow I am able to retain only the good things and forget the few bad days I may have had in the past (if any, because I honestly don't remember them). I have had two serious relationships in the past, and I have remained friends, I would say good friends with both Jenn and Ona and also with their families.

Somehow this long-distance relationship thing seems to be part of my life. Last summer a really cute girl began working at Barnes & Noble, and what started as a fling between us became little by little more serious. It has been several months now, and I think it is fair to say that we have been dating since around July.

So there, I've said it: I have a girlfriend. It may come as a bit of a surprise to some people who visit my blog every now and then, some others might have guessed it. But we have been going out for quite some time now, talking daily on the phone, and she has visited several times from Houston. I'm breaking the news for everyone, even though my mom and sister probably suspected it, but I suppose the one year anniversary of my blog would be a suitable ocassion to say something at least of importance to me? Tiffany is a great girl, she makes me happy, she makes me smile.

It's funny how this post came out of nowhere. I posted a comment at a friend's blog and noticed that my profile didn't link to my own blog, so I decided to fix the settings, which is when I noticed that I've been blogging since Oct/04. Of course I had to check what I was posting a year ago! Long story short, here I am on my impromptu post sort of playing it by ear without hitting backspace to delete or edit anything. This post will be uploaded as-is, and hopefully it will turn out ok. This is something I don't do very often, I tend to be very anal about many things, and my writings are one of them. Well, not today. And I must be honest when I say that I have been procrastinating for several hours when I have a book to read for tomorrow and a paper to write for Wednesday (plus I have to study 4 chapters for statistics and work 10 hours on my research assistantship) so I should probably go.

But here it is, my anniversary post. Meet Tiff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home