Saturday, July 09, 2005

So Much Going On

My last day at work is less than a month away and for some reason my time off is begining to fill up very quickly. Next week hasn't even began yet and I already have plans for almost every day! I also need to find time to take a 6 hour Defensive Driving course to dismiss a stupid speeding ticket I got on my way back from San Antonio a while ago -you would not believe how fast 90 days go by! I have slacked off and now the deadline to send the certificate to the court is approaching dangerously- That means an extra $25 for overnight delivery of the certificate. You would think after all this years I would know better than to wait until the last minute.

The documents for my apartment lease should come in shortly, and also the application for the student loan. This promises to be an eventful week (and I mean that in a very positive way), I will be seeing old friends and new ones as well, and I am looking forward to both. Let's hope my car doesn't give up on me, since the check engine light has been on for a couple of days and I have had no time to take it to the shop. I also need a haircut badly. No really, I need a haircut. My sister already told me I look like a professional Colombian soccer player (you see, yo'd have to be Colombian to get the joke).

Funny how mundane tasks and cultivating friendships can take up all your time without even knowing it, especially when some weeks are particularly dead and no friends are anywhere to be seen. I can't complain, obviously the summer is here and things have began to pick up; there is something going on almost every night. If that wasn't enough, I have began to realize that there are a million things I would like to do in Houston before I leave and I will barely have time to do them all! I started to catch up yesterday by riding the light rail into downtown one more time and then going to the Astros' ball game. It was fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home