Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Many Faces of a Tortilla

With all due respect to my Mexican friends, I found a concise description of how to read a menu at a Mexican restaurant and feel I should share it with everyone. I love Mexican food, but sometimes this is what it boils down to: "Just about anything can be called a taco, which essentially means “sandwich.” You take a tortilla and you put some stuff in it and you eat it; that’s a taco. (If you roll the tortilla, it’s a burrito, which appears to have been created in the American Southwest; if you layer food on top of it, it’s an enchilada; if you crisp it up and use it as a kind of plate, it’s a tostada; if you cut it into pieces and bake or fry it, it’s a chip; and so on.)" I need to print this out and carry it with me on my next visit to a Taqueria. (read the rest of the article, which actually gives a pretty good description on how to cook a perfect taco, here).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...yeah.

white people are weird.

July 27, 2006 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home