Sunday, July 09, 2006

What Have You Done Zizou?



I have a funny feeling in my stomach...what have you done Zizou? What was going through your head? The whole world was watching, and we all wanted to see you lifting up that cup on your last game. I almost want to cry. A headbutt? Just a few minutes earlier you used that same head to almost score what would have been the championship goal, but now we have to watch you walking out of the field, head bowed, past your coach, past the cup, down the stairs...
You took France with you, you know? As you walked into the tunnel, the spirit of the team went with you, and we all knew it was over. It was over for France, but specially for you.
To tell you the truth, I don't like the French. But that team, and that captain? I wanted to see it win. It was almost too good to be true. A country's star, retiring in a WorldCup final after reviving its team from the dead. Zinedine Zidane, I forgive you, but...what have you done?



Zidane y va marquer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home