Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mexico Journal - Puerto Escondido

The trip took longer than expected, and we were ready to drop our backpacks in the first place we could find. We met yet another group of girls, this time from Sweeden, who highly recommended the Hostal Mayflower. It was a bit "expensive" for our budget ($10 each) but the money was well worth it, and I was spending the night in the same room with four women by the beach, so I wasn't about to complain! Hehehe. We had a couple of Caipirinhas during happy hour (until midnight) at a bar run by a Mexican an Argentinean and a Colombian, and then crashed in our beds.

The next day we found out that the buses to Mexico City only leave in the evening, so Tiff and I were forced to buy tickets for that night; we had a long journey back and had to make it to San Antonio in two and a half days. We spent the day at the beach, then paid 10 pesos for a shower, bought hammocks, cotton pants perfect for rock climbing, some crafts, and headed back to Mexico city on a 16 hour overnight trip. I had come well prepared and both of my books seemed to be quite fitting for this journey. While cruising through Mexico I read The Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevara, and On the Road, by Jack Kerouack, which I haven't finished yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home