Monday, January 02, 2006

Going to Mexico

Hello all,

All those trips to the Mexican Consulate obviously had a reason, I'm going to Mexico for a couple of weeks! I'm traveling with Tiffany, and we're going to stretch a very limited budget hopefully until January 16. My friend Vanessa has graciously offered to provide us with a place to sleep in Mexico City, where we will arrive after a short visit to San Miguel de Allende. The last five or six days of the trip are still uncharted, we might head south to Oaxaca, but nothing has been decided yet.
It promises to be a fun adventure from start to end. Below you will find an excerpt to an email I just sent to Vanessa:

...Well, after doing some low-tech research I found a place where I can get cheap bus tickets that would get me across the border to Nuevo Laredo. Tiffany and I are leaving tomorrow from the "Taqueria Mazatlan" in the south side of San Antonio, and for $20 each we'll be on the Mexican side of the bridge by mid-afternoon. The bus will take us to a main station where we will be able to find the best deals to go inland. We will most likely go to San Miguel, unless the tickets are more reasonably priced if we go to el D.F. first (which I doubt).
Do you have a local number where I can get a hold of you? If you could, please check your email daily over the next three days so that we can stay in touch while I'm there. By the way, would you like to join us in San Miguel? If you don't have any plans I'm sure we would have a blast! Needless to say, if you want to come with your boyfriend he would be more than welcome too. Let me know if you're interested, and if that is the case, pack you bags and be ready b/c I'll call you when we get there!...

I will try to post a couple of pictures and a few updates -depending on access to internet service- so check back if you would like to know what we're up to.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a safe trip!!
hugs and kisses to vanessa

vanessa

January 02, 2006 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home