Saturday, December 03, 2005

I've seen this guy before...

After I saw my grandfather's pictures last week, one of them reminded me of a shot that photographer Will Michaels took of me several years ago. The thought stuck in my head for a few days until I decided to email him. He still had the pictures and was kind enough to send them to me. I suppose there are several similarities, and the interesting thing is that until last week I had never seen pictures of my grandfather as a young man (he passed away when my mother was still a child), so I feel a bit odd seeing this person I never met and recognizing that there is a bit of him in me.
Both you and I will see them side by side for the first time right now, as soon as I click "publish post," since I decided to blog about this as soon as I got Will's email.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home