Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Sidewalk!

Small things do make a difference and help make your life easier. Starting today, instead of having to walk or bike down the dusty path to school, my street has a new sidewalk! Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound that exciting, you probably wonder if it even merits an exclamation point. Well, it certainly does for me, since I no longer have to eat all that dirt or step on the street as I head out to class. It made me think of the years that went by without a single improvement on my neighborhood streets in Colombia, or even in Houston. My family and other neighbors even made phone calls and requests to the city to have stuff fixed and nothing ever happened. Here, instead, the sidewalk got paved and at least I didn't even have to move a finger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home