Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Limewire users beware


For the longest time I wouldn't admit that my Mac was acting up on me, I just could not accept the possibility that Apple computers would do weird stuff just as much as Windows-run PC's did. Then my address book got wiped out and I decided to take matters seriously.
I took my laptop to the Mac store and told the "genius" my story. He pulled out a stack of disks out of his magic box, shuffled through them and declared: "It will take 45 minutes, but we will find out what it is; just watch this screen and tell me when it turns green" So I did. I watched the screen for 45 minutes and it actually turned red. He looked at it, typed a couple of commands and said "ah, that was easy" as he flipped the monitor to show me picture of my beloved Limewire icon.
"Limewire corrupted your system. I need to zero-out your hard drive. Go home, back up all your files, and come back".
To make a long story short, my Mac is now running beautifully, and I learned a lesson the hard way...I guess I'll now be buying music from iTunes, or I'll probably rip songs from friends' hard drives, but I won't be using Limewire anymore.
Long live the Mad

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, glad you got fixed easily and you didn't loose anything else.

Vanessa

November 23, 2005 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home