Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pool Vandals

I too have jumped into pools at late hours of the night, so I didn't think much of the kids who, at 2 a.m. last night, were having a little pool party at my apartment complex. I assumed they were a bit inebriated since they were jumping into the pool and it was a cold night but, meh, ...been there done that myself.
Yet this morning when I opened my blinds I found a grotesque spectacle (my balcony looks over the pool). Every lawn chair, table, flower pot and trash can in the pool area had been thrown inside the pool and was half submerged, the dirt of the flower pots making murky trails in the water... those little bastards.
It pisses me off even more to think that every "splash" I heard last night was not a drunk kid falling in the water but a chair or a trash can been thrown in by them.
So I did the neighborly thing, I went door to door to every apartment surrounding the pool area and left a letter expressing my dismay and encouraging my neighbors not to be intimidated by the little pricks and inviting them to report to the apartment's management office if they know whoever did this.
I guess I'm old. But you should see the pool. The chairs would have been one thing, but the trash cans? And the flower pots? The pool had just been cleaned and treated a week ago, so it will probably be a while before we can use it again. And it just looks gross with all that stuff floating there. Damn pool vandals.

4 Comments:

Blogger Juan Pablo said...

Glad I could help Yen-Chun!
That's my friend from Taiwan, I met him a couple of years ago in Thailand at the World Scout Jamboree. He just started his blog and has some pretty cool drawings!

November 15, 2005 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can post comments again!!!Ever figure out who those guys were? May there be justice!!

I have a new student and his face and smile remind me of you. The whole time, I was amazed how much you two resemble each other. He is from Argentina.

Vanessa

November 15, 2005 10:46 PM  
Blogger Juan Pablo said...

Hey V! I'm glad to see you're posting again. Yeah, I opened the comments page again once blogger began offering "word verification". Before then it was hopeless, I would get a million ads in my comment page.
I hope all is well for you. Good to know I have an Argentinian double! Or is it Argentinean?

November 17, 2005 2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's argentinian. but quote me on it.

vanessa

November 21, 2005 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home