Monday, May 09, 2005

Heart of Stone

I wish I had a heart of stone
a heart so strong that I could toss
a heart so tough no one could touch
a heart so cold that it would stop

I wish I had so light a sleep
no dreams could ever find a ship
no dreams allowed when you're awake
no broken hearts when you're asleep

I wish I had so strong a will
to close a door and throw the key
instead I peek through the door knob
and wish I had a heart of stone.

I like to hold memories dear
forget the rest and shed some tears
reread the book, replay the song
and wish I had no hidden fears

To tear the pages, close the door
take down the flag, cut the head off
but no oh no, there I won't go
my heart is weak, my sleep is deep

I'd like to think that there is more
than being alone and on your own
that when you trust your dreams and soul
then you don't need a heart of stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home