Wednesday, December 01, 2004

To Change a Light Bulb

Some things in life seem to be pretty simple. Everyone can change a burned out light bulb at home right? How about one in your car? You would think it's the same thing.
So I woke up this morning, pretty confident of the relatively simple task I was going to accomplish today. I've been driving with my bright lights on for ....a few months ( I know, what a bastard) and since my inspection sticker is about to expire I decided it was time to change the burned out bulb.
I opened the hood...looked around, unscrewed a couple of screws, and then realized I simply needed to pull a plug and, quite literally, get the old bulb out and slide the new one in. Easy! Or so I thought. The plug has a locking plastic pin that after 90.000 miles is (obviously) stuck. First I tried with my bare hands, then with a screwdriver, scissors, pliers, and a pocket knife. It did not come out.
Oh how incompetent I felt! I cannot change a damn light bulb! Now my fingers hurt, they're cold, and I might have gotten battery acid on my shirt. How pathetic. What's worse, I wasted over an hour trying to do this and did not get to study the chapters I wanted to read for my GRE next week!
No light bulb, no chapters, expired sticker...great.
Now it's time to go to work, I'll see if I can figure this out tomorrow; I have the day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home